Whether you have been working on the water for years or starting your first job, Sterling can provide you with the equipment and the expertise to get your project off the ground. Sterling is staffed by experienced hands-on personnel drawn from both the marine and the heavy construction industries.
Our Marine Division consists of:
- barges from 90’ to 300’, both inland classed and ABS classed
- tugs from 250 hp to 2,200 hp
- scows from 1,500 yd to 4,000 yd
Our Heavy Division includes cranes and heavy lifts from 65 ton to 325 ton, and a full line of excavators.
Our Quincy yard has ample pier space, water depths to 30’, 300-ton crane service and easy access to metropolitan Boston. It is also home to our full-service mechanic shop – staffed by highly qualified mechanics to meet all heavy equipment needs and repairs.
Our Staten Island, NY location has a head wall 250' long, water to accommodate barges and most tugs, 300-ton crane service and easy access to all New York areas, the Hudson River and New Jersey ports.
All yards are manned by well-trained mechanics, welders, fitters and operators and managed by qualified marine personnel.
- Sterling Equipment is capable of assembling equipment of all sizes, and walking on to barges at all of our facilities.
- Roll-on, roll-off service.
- We can outfit your barge needs.